Treasures of Italy (Preview 2018)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Capri: Join us in the social ritual of ‘La Passeggiata'.
- Florence: During your guided walking tour, see the Cathedral, belltower, ‘Gates of Paradise' on the Baptistery and visit Signoria Square. Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Verona: See the Roman Arena and Juliet's balcony.
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark's Square by private launch. See St. Mark's Basilica, bell tower, clock tower, Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs. Witness hand made Venetian glass-blowing.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Italian Lakes: For your Dine-Around experience, you will be offered a selection of local restaurants to choose from, each with its own distinctive ambience and cuisine.
- Lake Iseo: Visit a local winery passed down through the generations and taste their latest vintages with a master vintner.
- Venice: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner in the heart of historic Venice.
- 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 three-course table d’hôte Dinner (DW), 1 Dine-Around (DA) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Rome: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and be among the select few to admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Admire the Popes' treasure-trove and confront the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
- Rome: Sightsee the local way with a leisurely passeggiata through the backstreets, where a friend in Rome will explain how modern life takes place around ancient treasures.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town.
- Isle of Capri: Get a flavour of the jet-set lifestyle with two nights on this famous isle. Ride by open-top taxi and enjoy sightseeing with a Local Expert.
- Florence: Walk with a Local Expert to the Cathedral, Baptistery and see Signoria Square.
- Cinque Terre: Take a short cruise to visit two of the villages of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Portofino: Have a taste of 'La Dolce Vita' in this elegant fishing village and cruise to Santa Margherita.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, past water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Venice: The Bauer Palladio is a unique 5-star hotel, built in a sixteenth-century convent. Based on Giudecca Island, it offers superb views of the Doge's Palace.
- Venice: The luxury Boscolo Venezia is housed in a former palace, combining contemporary comfort with multi-coloured marble, fine Venetian stucco and chandeliers.